This is rather silly having a recipe for Beanie Weenies, when all you really need to do is open up a couple of cans of baked beans and add some hot dogs. I thought everyone has heard of this, but talking to a friend about it, she said “What are Beanie Weenies”? So, here goes.
When I can’t ever think of what to have for supper, this is what I do. And I usually serve it with cornbread. Awesome Sweet Cornbread
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pork and beans, undrained
- 1/3 cup molasses (you may use brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, opt.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put oil into a large frying pan or dutch oven and allow it to become hot over medium heat. Cut hot dogs into disks and add to oil. Heat over medium heat until hot dogs have crispy edges and caramelization. Drain grease off.
Add rest of ingredients to pan and cook on medium heat until bubbly throughout, even when stirred.
Makes 6 servings.
“Great occasions for serving God come seldom, but little ones surround us daily.”