This is for those dieters that are trying to eliminate carbs. It’s pretty amazing!
- 7 cups shredded mozzarella
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Mix and spread on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Add toppings and bake 10 minutes more.
(I personally think that after I put the pepperoni on it, it baked too long. So use your own judgement on how long to bake it. I also think you could use low-fat cheese so it isn’t greasy.)
“Grace is getting what we do not deserve. Mercy is not receiving what we do deserve.”
This is a thin crust, rectangular pan pizza that is topped in reverse order. The crust is sooo good!! You can certainly add additional toppings if you like. I think bacon would be good on it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (8 1/4 oz.) bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes (or use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. For the dough: Coat rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil. Combine water and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 1-cup liquid measuring cup. Using stand mixer fitted with dough hook, mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt on low speed until combined. With mixer running, slowly add water mixture and mix until dough comes together, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium low and mix until dough is smooth and comes away from sides of bowl, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer dough to greased baking sheet and turn to coat. Stretch dough to 10 by 6-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stretch dough to corners of pan, cover loosely with plastic, and let rise in warm place until slightly puffed, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
3. For the topping: Place tomatoes in colander and drain well. Combine drained tomatoes, oil, garlic, oregano, and salt in bowl. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan in second bowl. Sprinkle cheese mixture over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges. Top with tomato mixture and bake until well browned and bubbling, about 15 minutes. Slide pizza onto wire rack, sprinkle with basil, and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.
“To reflect the presence of the Father, we must rely on the Son.”
Mom’s Breakfast Pizza
This recipe came from my Mom. It was published in a church cookbook many years ago. It is so easy to make and so easy to eat. Yum!
I thought my sausage was mild, but undoubtly not. It was a bit hot for my taste, so next time I will be sure to use mild sausage. Or, maybe I’ll try bacon or ham next time.
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, opt.
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
In skillet brown sausage. Separate crescent rolls in triangles on pizza pan. Press edges together. Spoon sausage over crust. Then hash browns. Add cheddar cheese. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour on crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.
“Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy.”
BBQ Chicken Pizza
This was a really quick and easy meal to fix. Delicious.
- 12-inch Italian pizza crust
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
Place pizza crust on 12″ round pizza pan. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spread on pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese melt and crust is crisp.
“To master temptation, let Christ master you.”
My kids grew up eating these and now my kids are making them for their kids.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 lb. Colby or Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) can pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
Brown beef and drain fat off. Mix in rest of ingredients. Open buns up on a cookie sheet and top with the meat mixture. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 16 open face sandwiches.
You could also cut these in wedges and serve as an appetizer.
“To stand up to any challenge, spend time on your knees.”