Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti Squash
This is a really quick meal to make. And so yummy!
- 1 large spaghetti squash (3 1/2 lbs. or larger)
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-oz,) shredded Swiss cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly. Separate strands with a fork.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels, reserve drippings.
In same pan, heat drippings over medium heat; stir in butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add squash; toss and heat through. Remove from heat, stir in cheese. Top with bacon.
“God is nearer than we think.”
Bacon Tomato Mac and Cheese
This is a copycat recipe from The Corner Bakery Cafe. We order this just about every time we go there to eat. I think this is spot on perfect.
- 12 oz. (3 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni (use anything you like)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz. (2 cups) American cheese, shredded or cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 oz. (2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium (1 cup) tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices (1/3 cup) crisply cooked bacon, crumbled (I used bacon crumbles.)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley, opt.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat until sizzling; stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and red pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and very lightly browned. Add milk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add cheeses; stir until melted and sauce is smooth. Add cooked macaroni, tomato, 1/3 cup crumbled bacon and parsley, if using. Garnish with addition crumbled bacon, if desired.
“What difference might we make if we overcome our fears and trust God to use us?”
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
This is so easy and no-bake! It is creamy, dreamy and chocolaty. I wanted this to be more fluffy than it was, but I used light whipped topping and it just didn’t have the structure that I wanted. You can use light if you want, but I will definitely use regular next time. Serve with any berries you like. I guarantee everyone will love it!
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12-oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Place almonds in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool completely. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate, fold in whipped topping.
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove sides of pan.
Serve with a little whipped cream on top and berries.
“What could be better than getting answers to our why questions? Trusting a good and powerful God.”