Pumpkin Pie Cookies
These cookies are outrageously good! I took them to bridge today and everyone just loved them and wanted the recipe.
Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4 oz. (half of 8-oz. pkg) cold cream cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, well-softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray bottoms and sides of 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
Place cookie mix in large bowl. Cut in butter and 4 oz. cream cheese, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. (Do not overmix.) Reserve 1 cup cookie mixture for topping; set aside. Firmly press 2 tablespoons remaining cookie mixture evenly into bottom of each muffin cup.
In small bowl, add 4 oz. cream cheese and stir until smooth. Add remaining pumpkin filling ingredients; mix well. Place 1 rounded teaspoon pumpkin filling in center of each cookie. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons reserved cookie topping.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes. Run metal spatula around edge of cookies in muffin tin to loosen.
Makes 24 cookies.
“Live to leave a legacy for God’s glory.”
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
I do believe that my grandson, Nathan, has taken after me for loving soup. This is one of his favorites. And mine too. Very good.
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups half and half cream
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen broccoli (chopped into bite-size pieces) (I used frozen)
- 2 cups carrots, shredded (I put mine in the food processor to make quicker work)
- 16 oz. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until translucent.
Add rest of butter and melt. Add flour and whisk over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes to cook flour. Stirring constantly, add half and half and then chicken stock until all is blended. Simmer 20 minutes.
Add broccoli and carrots. Cook over low heat 20 to 25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Then add cheese. When cheese is melted, turn off heat. Serve.
“Let God’s Spirit, not the world, shape your mind.”
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Batter:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Blend butter and cream cheese. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in egg, flour, and vanilla. Set aside.
- 4 oz. German sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square pan. Melt chocolate and butter over very low heat. Set aside to cool.
Beat eggs until thick and light in color; slowly add sugar, beating well. Add baking powder, salt and flour. Stir in melted chocolate mixture, nuts, vanilla, and almond extract. Spread about half of the chocolate batter in the pan. Add cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Top with spoonfuls of chocolate batter. Zigzag with a spatula to marble.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Yields: 16 squares
“God would not be worthy of our worship if He could be understood by our wisdom.”
This couldn’t be simpler to make and very delicious.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can golden hominy
- 1 (17-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14-oz.) can diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies (optional)
- 1 envelope ranch-style dressing mix
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
Brown ground beef and onions, drain. Add taco seasoning mix and mix thoroughly.
Add, without draining, the cans of beans, hominy, corn, and tomatoes. Stir in dry ranch dressing mix. Simmer over low heat until bubbly.
Serve over tortilla chips and top with grated cheese.
Serves 4 to 6.
“Your loving heavenly Father never takes His eyes off you.”
Family Favorite Banana Bread
My daughter gave me strict instructions to get this recipe on my blog. This is the recipe I have made forever and I don’t know why I haven’t gotten it on before now. It is the best!!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (3 small to medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan or several smaller pans.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in mixer. Add the eggs, beating well.
Add dry ingredients together and combine with the butter mixture. Blend well. Add bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Stir well. Stir in nuts, if using, and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. (I bake mine 70 minutes and it comes out perfect). Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Makes 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves.
“It is impossible to love Christ without loving others.”
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
This is a delicious impossibly easy pie to make for dinner.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup) or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
In a 10-inch skillet, cook beef and chopped onion, if using, (I used onion powder) over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt and onion powder, if using. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 4 servings. I served with cantaloupe which was delicious with it.
“Even when everything seems meaningless, God still has a purpose for your life.”