All-American Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Salad
This quick salad serves well as an entree or hearty side dish.
- 1 large tomato, cubed 1/2-inch
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (10-oz.) bag (6 cups) mixed greens
- 3/4 cup cream-style ranch dressing*
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
In large serving bowl layer tomatoes, bacon, lettuce, dressing and cheese.
* Substitute 3/4 cup your favorite creamy-style dressing.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving)
Calories 240; Protein 10 g; Carbohydrate 4 g; Fat 21 g; Cholesterol 40 mg; Sodium 610 mg
“Now is the time to invest in eternity.”
To make this cake, I had to talk my sweet niece, Rhonda, out of the recipe. I guess it has been a secret for a long time. And then I had to get her approval to put it on my blog. Thank you, Rhonda. And thank you to her daughter, Holly for helping me. This is a delicious cake to make for St. Patrick’s Day. Or any other day for that matter, but it is such a beautiful green, it just seems right for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 large pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 7-Up or Sprite
In a mixer, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour into a greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool completely and then frost.
- 1 large pkg. pistachio pudding mix
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip (I used a small Cool Whip)
- 1 cup milk
Beat everything together and frost cake. Refrigerate.
“Witness for Christ with your life as well as your lips.”