Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I made this for me and my grandson today. We both love chicken pot pie and we both loved this soup. Really easy to make too. Yummy!
- 1 disk, refrigerated pie dough
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie dough onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of poultry seasoning; cut into quarters. Bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Transfer to a bowl. Add celery, onion, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning to the pot and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups water, the broth, half-and-half and potatoes; cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes. Add the peas and carrots and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and simmer until cooked through, about 1 minute.
Divide among 4 bowls and top with the crust.
“When we feel weak in our prayers, God’s Spirit helps us in ways we can’t imagine.”