Lemon Blueberry Cookies
Every time Art and I would go by the bakery in a store, he was eyeing everything lemon and blueberry. So I decided I better get busy and bake him something. This really hit the spot. They are so delicious!!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used 1 but I think next time I will use 2)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries (I didn’t have enough wild berries, so I added some of the bigger frozen berries)
Melt butter in microwave and pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Using the bowl with the melted butter, mix in both sugars. Then mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, and egg yolk. Batter should be pale in color.
Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in the frozen blueberries. Fold very gently. They will color the dough slightly. Do not over mix.
Use a large cookie scoop and scoop 8 balls onto each cookie sheet.
Bake for 14-16 minutes, one cookie sheet at a time. Bake until edges are golden brown.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes 16 cookies.
“Since God’s hand is in everything, you can leave everything in God’s hand.”