White Chicken Chili
This recipe makes a large pot of soup. I like to make big batches of soup, even though it is just the two of us, but I freeze it and take it out for a quick meal. Or else my grandkids raid my freezer and take it out. Fine with me. It warms my heart they like my food.
This is also very quick easy to make as it uses most everything in a can. Just stock up your pantry.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 (15.5-oz.) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (5-oz.) cans chicken, drained
- 2 (4-oz.) cans diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12-oz. container sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through. Shortly before serving time, add sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese in melted.
Serves 16 to 20.
222 calories per 1 cup
“Our actions speak louder than our words.”