Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole
This is an absolutely delicious casserole! Tater Tots, cheese and ground beef mixture.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (11-oz.) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4-oz.) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 3/4-oz.) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pkg. (32-oz.) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (8-oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in Cajun seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir two minutes longer. Stir in Mexicorn, soups, milk, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil.
Transfer to a greased 13-in x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Bake another 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
“It’s hard to see both God’s plan and our part. But their intersection is the best place to be.”