Loaded Baked Potato Salad
I love potato salad, probably because I love potatoes. Maybe my favorite food. This is a little different than my original potato salad recipe. Try it and I think you’ll love it!
- 5 lbs. small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8-oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped, opt.
- 3 sweet pickles, chopped (You may use dill, if you like.)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Place potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickles. In a small, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
Makes 20 servings.
“May the memory of our earthly place point us with hope to our heavenly place.”