Green Pea Salad
This is one of the sides for my Easter dinner this year. Very good and refreshing. It can be made ahead of time. Also a great potluck side dish.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups fresh baby peas, or two 10-oz. pkgs. frozen baby peas, thawed but uncooked
- 6 oz. medium to sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into tiny cubes
- 4 to 5 crisp cooked bacon slices, crumbled
Whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl. Add the onion, the smaller amount of sugar, and salt to taste. Stir together the peas, cheese, and bacon in a large bowl. Spoon on the mayonnaise mixture and toss lightly just until combined. Add more sugar or salt if you wish. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours before serving.
Yield: 6 servings.
“God is my Father, I will never think of anything that He will forget, so why should I worry?”