Tangy Beef Brisket
This amazing recipe is made in the oven and is so juicy and tender. My son-in-law just loves the sauce on on this.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bottle (28-oz.) ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6-lb.) boneless beef brisket (not corned beef)
In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes. Place brisket in a roasting pan. Add 3 cups of sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 4 hours, basting occasionally. Skim fat. Remove brisket; thinly slice the beef and return to pan. Add remaining sauce, if desired.
Yield: 12-14 servings (6 cups sauce).
“The Bible has treasures of wisdom to mine.”