Hot Tuna Melts
This is like a hot tuna salad sandwich. So yummy!! I was making these for 6 people so I tripled the recipe. They all got gobbled up!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 (5-oz.) can solid white tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 2 English muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 4 sharp Cheddar cheese slices
Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 1/2 inches from heat. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl: add tuna, stirring gently to blend. Spoon on muffin halves; place on a baking sheet.
Broil 2 minutes. (I left mine in for about 5 minutes.) Top each with a cheese slice; broil 1 more minute or until cheese melts.
Makes 4 servings. (I think it makes 2 servings.)
“Remembering Christ’s death gives us courage for today and hope for tomorrow.”