Strawberry Cream Dessert
This is such an easy and delicious dessert to make. I made this for our bridge group and everyone loved it. My 10-year old grandson loves strawberries and he was considering having this for his birthday cake this month. We will just have to wait and see what he decides.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg. (3-oz.) strawberry jello
- 2 cups water
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12-oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10-oz.), cut into 1-inch cubes
For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and jello. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer half the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
12 to 16 servings.
“To be doing good is man’s most glorious task.”