This was another big hit at our New Year’s/Birthday Party. It was outstanding!! It makes quite a large batch, but it was all gobbled up.
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound deli-style corned beef, shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker*. Cover and cook on high setting for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until heated through and cheese is melted.
* I didn’t put mine in a slow cooker. I put it in a baking dish and put it in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes until it was heated through. I also stirred it occasionally.
Serve this with party rye slices.
Makes 6 to 7 cups.
“The difference Christ makes in your life is a story worth telling.”
Dixie – I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while — would you have any objection to us posting one of your Dixie’s Kitchen Recipes in The Acorn? (That’s the White Oak Newsletter in case you’ve forgotten.) I would select one and give you full credit – however you would like – you may want personal mention or your blog. You can let me know. I’m not sure which recipe I’m considering – The newsletter won’t be out in time for football but some springtime recipe would be perfect. Perhaps you could make a couple of selections – if you agree, that is.
The only caveat is that it be fairly short and easy to complete (and understand).
Let me know what you think, ok? Thanks for your consideration.
Sent from my iPad