I am on a quest to find the best Key Lime Pie recipe. If this one is not the best, it sure is right at the top of the list.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice (You may use Persian lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons Persian lime zest
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients; press in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks; add condensed milk and next 3 ingredients, whisking until smooth. Spoon into prepared crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 8 hours.
Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until slightly thickened; add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form.
Spread whipped cream over top of pie. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 10 servings.
“If Christ is the center of your life, you’ll always be focused on Him.”