Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
A delicious healthy meal! Less than 30 minutes and you have a meal on the table.
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk, divided
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, opt.
- 1 cup buttermilk biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
Heat soup, 1 cup milk, vegetables, chicken and pepper in medium skillet over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Combine biscuit mix and parsley in small bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup milk until soft batter is formed. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture to make 6 dumplings. Partially cover and simmer 12 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through, spooning liquid from pot pie over dumplings once or twice during cooking.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories – 241, Total Fat – 5 g, Saturated Fat – 1 g, Cholesterol – 33 mg, Sodium – 422 mg, Carbohydrate – 25 g, Dietary Fiber – <1 g, Protein – 17 g.
“Teamwork divides the effort and multiplies the effect.”