Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
This is a fabulous recipe that I have been making for years. I sometimes use shredded cheese and use 1/2 cup wine for more sauce. Also, add more stuffing mix and butter. It always gets gobbled up. Serve with “Easy Succotash” and “Wash Day Peach Cobbler”.
- 8 (6 to 8-oz. each) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (I like Cheddar)
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Parsley (optional)
Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 8 x 12-inch baking dish. Use larger dish if using larger chicken breasts. Top with cheese slices.
Combine soup and wine; stir well. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle butter over crumbs; bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Follow directions above. Cover with wax paper, and microwave at HIGH for 18 to 20 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. Continue microwaving briefly if not done after standing.
“Run the race with eternity in view.”