Skillet Shrimp and Rice
If you have all of your ingredients prepped ahead of time, this is a very easy and fast meal to get on the table. And I might say “delicious”.
- 1 1/2 lbs. extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 oz. chorizo or kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 6 medium garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8-oz) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Add half of shrimp and cook until lightly browned, 30 to 40 seconds. Turn shrimp and cook 30 seconds longer. Transfer shrimp to clean bowl. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Cover bowl and set aside.
Recuce heat to medium and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook until sausage begins to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add rice and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, water, clam juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil over high heat, cover, and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove skillet from oven, stir in peas, and scatter shrimp over top. Cover and set aside until shrimp and peas are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve directly from hot skillet.
Serves 4 to 6.
“Salvation from sin means moving from spiritual darkness to God’s light.”