Restaurant Style Salsa
Oh my!! This is addicting.
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 (10-oz) cans Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cups cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Note: This is a very large batch. I recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like – I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a torillla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.
Makes 3+ pints salsa.
“The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.”