This was the perfect thing to have for supper tonight. So far we have gotten 4 1/2 inches of snow and it’s still snowing. Try it —- it will warm you up.
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz.) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
In a large stock pot, brown ground beef. Drain fat off.
Add the rest of ingredients to the pot with the beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours.
“Little things done in Christ’s name are great things.”