Sweet Macaroni Salad
A little different but very delicious! Use any veggies that you like. I even stuck in some cheese chunks. When you make the dressing, you are going to say “this is too much”, but you definitely need it all.
- 16-oz. box elbow macaroni (or any small pasta)
- 3 – 4 carrots, shredded or diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced (no onion for me)
- 2 or 3 red, green or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cider vinegar (I used 1 cup) (Use may use any kind of vinegar you like)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pepper. opt.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well. Combine your cooled macaroni and veggies in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, condensed milk, sugar and vinegar. Make sure the sugar is dissolved and then pour over macaroni and veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
Chill at least 8 hours or overnight to allow dressing to thicken. Mix well before serving.
“Come to Jesus for the refreshing power of His living water.”