This is a very hearty soup. Comfort food at its best. It is delicious!!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 – 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (24-oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 4 cups beef broth (add up to 4 cups more for runnier soup)
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz. Mafalda noodles, or use lasagna noodles, broken (I used bow-ties)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded jack cheese blend
- Parsley for garnish (if desired)
Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add oil and then chopped onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until partly translucent. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add in ground beef and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain, if necessary.
Pour in pasta sauce, 4 cups beef broth, crushed tomatoes, and stir to continue.
Add in noodles and allow soup to simmer for 8 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
Add in heavy cream and cheeses, stir until combined. Ready to serve.
Add a little sprinkling of cheese on top of bowl and serve.
Makes 12 servings. (2 cups = 441 calories)
“God’s forgiveness defies our labels of failure or pride.”