I use my MIL’s chocolate icing for just about everything because it is so good, One-Minute Chocolate Icing, but for a change I tried this recipe. It is more of a frosting and not an icing. It is very, very good and very easy to make.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup half and half, whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Choose one of the following:
- 1/3 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (for light)
- 1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (for medium)
- 3/4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder (for dark rich)
Cream butter in a small bowl. Add cocoa powder, vanilla, confectioners sugar alternately with cream.
Beat with electric mixer until desired texture is achieved. More cream may be needed depending on the amount of cocoa powder you choose to use.
** If you would like ultra fluffy chocolate frosting, add in 1 to 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip at the end of mixing on low speed.
Makes: 2 cups (May be frozen.)
“There is a longing in every heart that only Jesus can satisfy.”