Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Here I go again with potatoes. I just love potatoes about any way you fix them. This recipe is outstanding!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (Use 2 teaspoons here if you ever make it without the ham)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups cooked, chopped ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 – 6 cups potatoes, pared and sliced
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat; blend in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk. Return to heat; cook until thickened and bubbly.
Fold in ham, onion and cheese. Pour over potatoes in a large bowl. Stir gently and then pour into a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 1 hour.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
“We need each other to get where God wants us to go.”