Quick Meatloaf Chili
Normally, I don’t have any leftover meatloaf, but because I had made a larger than normal recipe, I had leftovers. I decided to try this with it and it was really delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 jalapeno peppers, minced (I used jarred jalapenos)
- 2 – 3 cups crumbled leftover meatloaf
- 2 (14-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ( 8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add jalapeno pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add meatloaf, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, black beans, chili powder, cumin, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 – 35 minutes until slightly thickened. Serve immediately with sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and more jalapenos.
(I thought this was going to be pretty spicy, but it really wasn’t.)
“We can speak to the Lord as a friend.”