Catfish Piccata with Browned Butter
Who says you have to fry catfish? It works beautifully in place of chicken. Really yummy!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Thinly sliced lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers (I didn’t use)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (I didn’t use)
In a medium enamel-coated cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook until butter turns a medium-brown color and has a nutty aroma, about 10 minutes. Skim foam from butter. Whisk in wine and lemon juice. Pour into a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Wipe pan, and add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add fish, and cook until fish can be easily turned with a spatula, about 3 minutes. Turn fish; cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Top with lemon slices, capers, and parsley. Pour butter mixture over fish.
“Followers of Christ have a brand-new identity.”