Peaches and Cream Pie
This pie was so good, I had to make two of them. They instantly got gobbled up by my grandkids. Very easy to make also.
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour*
- 1 (3-oz.) box vanilla pudding mix (the cook-and-serve kind, not instant)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (29-oz.) can sliced peaches, drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of syrup)
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and set aside.
In large bowl, mix together flour, pudding mix, melted butter, egg and milk until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate and arrange sliced peaches on top.
In medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, reserved syrup, and 1/2 cup sugar until well blended, then spread on top of peaches.
Mix together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of pie. (I didn’t use all of this.) Place in oven and bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
*If you don’t have self-rising flour, you may use all-purpose flour. For every 1 cup of flour, add 1 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
“When life’s struggles make you weary, find strength in the Lord.”