Classic Macaroni Salad
I love macaroni salad and this is the “best”. I like my salad a little sweet so I add the sweet pickle juice, but certainly leave out if you don’t like it that way. By adding the sweet pickle juice, it makes it creamier. Delicious!!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced sweet pickle
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, optional
In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni over high heat for 7 to 9 minutes, or just until tender. Drain, rinse, and let cool.
Place macaroni in a large bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix well, Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
“When life’s struggles make you weary, find strength in the Lord.”