Sorry about no picture. This got eaten before I could get a picture. I had five hungry guys waiting to dig into this. Even though this is made with hash brown potatoes, it isn’t like the normal hash brown casserole. It is more like mashed potato casserole with a crunchy topping. You can mix this up ahead of time and pop it in the frig until time to put it in the oven. I guarantee it will be gobbled up.
- 2 lbs. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) container onion dip
- 1 can cream of celery or chicken soup
- 10 oz. grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
Mix first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Pour into greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Mix butter and corn flakes in bowl. Press onto top of potato mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Cover top with foil if they start to get too brown on top.
Makes 10 servings.
“True humility credits God for every success.”