Hot Black-Eyed Pea Dip
This is sooooo yummy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (10-oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can seasoned black-eyed peas, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese or Cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a pan and add onion. Cook until soft.
Add remaining ingredients to pan except cheese. Stir to evenly mix and remove from heat. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer dip to a greased cast iron skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until warm and cheese is melted.
Serve with tortilla chips.
“When we bend our knees to pray, God bends His ear to listen.”