These cookies are very moist and chewy.
- 2 (8-oz.) packages yellow candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package green candied cherries, chopped
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup brandy (I used water)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 cup flour, and toss gently to coat.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition. Add egg yolks, beating well.
Combine milk and baking soda, stirring until baking soda is dissolved; add to butter mixture. Add brandy, spices, and remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, beating until blended.
Beat egg whites at medium speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold fruit mixture into batter.
Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 2 to 3 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes about 10 dozen.
“Immanuel – God with us!”