Chicken & Noodles
This is my husband’s favorite meal. He asks for it every year for his birthday along with apple dumplings. It’s so yummy!
- 9 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (or soup base)
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, torn into large pieces
- 1 (16-oz.) bag Reames frozen noodles
In a large stock pot, mix water, carrots, celery, onions, chicken bouillon, butter, salt, pepper and chicken pieces.
Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add noodles and simmer on medium-low heat for an additional 10 minutes. (I think cooked mine a little longer.)
Makes 6 – 8 servings.
“Dark fears flee in the light of God’s presence.”
Pingback: Top Twenty Recipes for 2016 | Dixie's Kitchen
Pingback: Top Twenty Recipes for 2017 | Dixie's Kitchen