Red Beans and Rice Soup
This is a super fast soup to make using canned beans. You can make it as spicy as you like.
- 12 oz. kielbasa, coarsely chopped (I use all-natural.)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I used McCormick Creole seasoning which was mildly spicy.)
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice
Cook first four ingredients in vegetable oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add garlic and seasoning and cook for 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, beans and rice and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
“We disarm the power of money by giving it away.”