Pasta with Salmon Cream Sauce
Oh my goodness, this was so good!
- 12 oz. fresh or dried capellini, linguine, spaghetti, or other thin pasta
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups (about 12 oz.) flaked cooked salmon or 1 (14.75-oz.) can red salmon, drained and bones and skin removed, and flaked
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, preferably flat-leaf Italian type or 1 tablespoon dried
Cook pasta al dente, according to directions on box. Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add peas and saute for 1 minute. Add heavy cream, and reduce heat to low. Add salmon, Parmesan cheese and salt to taste. Simmer until cheese melts and salmon heated through, about 2 minutes; do not allow to boil.
Drain pasta and place in a heated bowl. Pour sauce over the pasta. Add the parsley and gently toss to mix well. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6.
“Christ is the ultimate answer to life’s greatest questions.”