Lemon Curd Tartlets
I took these to a church dinner tonight and they were devoured. This would also be a simple little dessert for Easter. For a quicker dessert yet, buy your lemon curd.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pkg. (1.9-oz.) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
- Fresh raspberries, mint leaves and/or sweetened whipped cream, opt.
In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest until blended. Add butter, cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Transfer to a small bowl, cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint and/or cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 15 tartlets.
* I had quite a bit of lemon curd left, so I think you could buy a second box of phyllo shells and use it up or you could use it for something else.
“God can use you at any age – if you are willing.”