- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Sweetened whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Divide butter evenly among 8 (1-cup) ramekins. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven until butter melts, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, espresso, milk, and vanilla. Pour batter over melted butter in prepared ramekins.
In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa, and 1/2 cup toffee chips. Sprinkle over batter. Pour approximately 3 tablespoons boiling water evenly over top of each cobbler.
Bake until top is set, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will be not be set.) Top with whipped cream and remaining toffee chips.
Note: You can also prepare this recipe in a 2-quart baking dish.
“Count your many blessings and you’ll soon lose count.”
Just wanted to let you know I’ve been using quite a few of your recipes. Sure enjoy receiving them. Also miss seeing you and Art. Hope all is well.
Thanks Maureen. We miss you too.