This is the best creamy tomato soup ever. So delicious!!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (46-oz.) bottle tomato juice
- 2 (14-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 3 – 6 tablespoons sugar (I used 3)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Melt butter in a large pot or Dutch oven. Saute diced onions in butter until translucent. Add tomato juice, diced tomatoes, chicken base, sugar, pinch of salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat. Add in cream and stir. Top with grilled cheese croutons. Serve immediately and just see if you’re not in heaven!
Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 4 slices of white bread
- 4 slices of cheese (your choice) (I used Co-Jack)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Heat a panini grill or fry pan. Butter one side each of the 4 slices of bread. Make sandwich with 2 slices of cheese on unbuttered side. Grill until nicely browned. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
“Light up your world with an act of kindness.”