I made this salad for the family one night when I made shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta, and everyone just loved it.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, opt.
- 2 bunches (1 lb. each) romaine, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, opt.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (Add more if you like)
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Crazy salt
In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
In a large serving bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds, if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Shake on Crazy Salt to taste and toss again.
Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss. Add croutons and serve immediately. Add more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This is supposed to serve 14 people, but mine served 7 people along with the rest of the meal. You can see what was left in my bowl.
“Waiting tries our faith and so we wait in hope.”