This is a slow cooker soup that is very easy, hearty and delicious!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz.) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (opt.)
- Sour cream (opt.)
- Crushed tortilla chips (opt.)
Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred the chicken with two forks and then return it to the slow cooker and continue to cook for 2 hours.
Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips.
“The God who created a way for our salvation can certainly see us through our daily trials.”