This makes a large batch, but I like to freeze it so I have it for a quick meal.
- 3 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (28-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper, opt.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Brown and drain grease off beef. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer, cover and cook for about an hour.
Makes enough sauce for about 20 hot dogs.
* When I brown my ground beef, I use a fork to break it up. A fork makes it very fine and you don’t have clumps of beef.
“One day God will put everything right.”