My son had this at a Christmas party this year and thought it was so good he had to have the recipe. We made it this week and it definitely is a keeper. He said I put too much cheese on top from what he remembered, so maybe next time I make it, I will I will put half the cheese inside and half on top.
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional
Saute celery and onions in a large pan in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add chicken or turkey, soup, water chestnuts, mushrooms, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Heat mixture until bubbly. Put into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Separate crescent rolls in 2 rectangles and lay over top of mixture. Sprinkle cheese and almonds over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
“Be what God intends you to be – don’t pretend to be what you’re not.”