Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is a very quick and easy slow cooker recipe.
- 1 lb. shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Give it a stir and cover. Cook on low setting 6 to 8 hours or on high setting 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
Makes 8 servings.
“We disarm the power of money by giving it away.”