This pie is heavenly! A combination of chocolate and coffee in a very refreshing dessert.
- 1 (9-inch) Chocolate Cookie Crust (recipe follows)
- 1 (3.4-oz) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (3.4-oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
In your electric mixer, beat chocolate and vanilla puddings and milk on medium speed until smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes. Add coffee ice cream and continue beating until blended.
Pour into crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces (not double-filled)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Process cookies in food processor until coarsely ground, about 15 pulses, then continue to process to fine, even crumbs, about 15 seconds longer. Sprinkle the butter over the crumbs and pulse to incorporate.
Sprinkle the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the crumbs into an even layer on the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Bake until the crust is fragrant and looks set, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool crust.
(You can buy a premade crust, but unless you can get a 9-inch deep dish crust, I think they are too small for the pie filling. Or maybe you don’t use all of the filling into the shell.)
“Even strong trials cannot blow down a person who is rooted in God.”