Chicken Noodle Casserole
This is a pantry casserole and so delicious. It makes quite a large casserole, but can be cut in half for fewer servings.
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. egg noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 (10-oz.) cans chunk chicken breast, drained
- 2 (10-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1/2 onion, finely diced or 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots (or use canned)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook egg noodles and drain well.
While noodles are cooking, combine chicken, soup, mayo, milk, onion, cheese and peas and carrots in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
Gently stir in cooked egg noodles.
Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle top with panko bread crumbs. Pour melted butter evenly over top of bread crumbs.
Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve.
Serves 8 to 12.
“Suffering is the fire that God uses to purify and strengthen us.”