Cheesy Salmon Chowder
Here I go again. I love soup! I do believe I could live on soup the rest of my life. This is so delicious, you must try it. Very easy to make too.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, opt.
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 (16-oz.) cans salmon, drained and flaked (I used 5 (6-oz.) cans)
- 2 (12-oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (15-oz.) can creamed corn
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and garlic powder until onions are tender. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper and dill weed. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn and cheese. Cook until heated through.
Makes 8 servings.
“Accepting Jesus’ death gives me life.”