Caramelized Butternut Squash
My friends, Ed and Sue, gave me a couple of butternut squash from of their garden this year. I had never cooked or eaten butternut squash before so I was excited to try them. Everyone said that this was definitely a “keeper”. I probably will be making this every year now at Thanksgiving.
- 2 medium butternut squash (4 lbs), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss squash, sugar, butter, and salt in large bowl until well coated. Transfer squash to baking sheet. Roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until squash is well browned and completely tender, 45 to 55 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
“We are Christ’s “letters of recommendation” to all who read our lives.”