Non-Alcoholic Grasshopper Pie
In celebration of Oreo Cookies 100th birthday and St. Patrick’s Day, this is what I served today for my ladies bridge group. We always eat dessert first. 🙂
- 1 (3.4-oz) pkg. Pistachio Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
- 8 Oreo Cool Mint Cookies, chopped
- 3 drops green food color, optional
- 1 Oreo pie crust (recipe follows)(or buy ready-made Oreo crust)
Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip and chopped cookies. Spoon into crust.
Cover with remaining Cool Whip. Crush finely 1 more Oreo cookies and sprinkle over top of pie or decorate any way you like.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 8 servings.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 22 Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press firmly into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.
Fill with your favorite no-bake filling. Refrigerate or freeze before serving, if needed.
“A heart that is focused on others will not be consumed with self.”