This is a copycat recipe for Houstan’s restaurant “Spinach and Artichoke Dip”.
- 1/2 cup (2-oz.) Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 package (10-oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, firmly squeezed to remove moisture
- 1 jar (6 1/4-oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry
- 1 (8-oz.) container soft garlic chive cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded Mozzarella or Italian mix cheese
- Tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Put Reggiano cheese in a food processor with metal blade. Turn motor on and drop garlic through feed tube to mince. Stop machine and add spinach, artichoke, cream cheese and eggs. Process until thoroughly blended; turn into medium bowl. Fold in Mozzarella cheese.
Transfer to a 2 to 3 cup baking dish; bake until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa.
Yield: 16 servings
“Our loved ones may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons – but they are helpless against our prayers.”