Grandma’s Frosted Fruit Salad
I have been making this for years. Make it a side dish or dessert. It’s yummy!
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. lemon jello
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. orange jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 (20-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed (save juice for topping)
- 2 to 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Dissolve jellos in boiling water. Add cold water and stir until jello is melted. Add fruits and marshmallows and pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice (reserved from pineapple) (add water enough to make 1 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, optional
In a saucepan, combine egg, flour, butter, sugar and pineapple juice. Cook and whisk until thick. Cool completely. When cool, fold in whipped cream and spread over chilled jello. Sprinkle cheese on top, if desired.
“God is in the small things as well as the great.”